PDA

View Full Version : Driver problems

doucet_brian
09-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Through dilligent practice your swing has really improved my iron play. Thanks. Unfortunately I am having a lot of difficulty with my driver. I am lucky to hit 2 fairways per round and my confidence with driver is plummeting. I have watched all of Bobby's Youtube video's on driver and have been using his setup mirrored (I am left-handed). My 2 biggest problems are:

1 When I address the ball off the inside of my right heel I see the club face closed and try to manipulate the grip to square it up. That has not worked. I have had the butt pointing everywhere from my belt buckle to the middle of my right thigh. Obviously the closer to my buckle it is the more the club face looks closed.

2 I thought I might have a problem with releasing my hands through impact and may sub-consciously hang on too long with my driver only. I often do the "whoosh" drill and hear it at impact area, but the majority of my drives are low, slices that lack any real distance. In fact I am more acurate and long 5 iron off the tee. Frustrating.

* The only way I can straighten my drives out is by positioning my rear foot about 5-6" back away from my taget line. This gives my feet a closed stance, but allows my hips and shoulders to be square.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Taylor-Made 10.5 with Reg. flex
Cheers

Brian

Bobby_Eldridge
09-04-2008, 02:24 PM
It is all in the set up.

#1 Are your shoulders square or OPEN?
#2 The butt end has to be across from your belt buckle
#3 The clubface HAS to be square
#4 The path has to be UP and DOWN on the same arc.
#5 You have to roll the forearms in the downswing.

Bobby

gmailgolf123
10-22-2008, 08:10 PM
through dilligent practice your swing has really improved my iron play. Thanks. Unfortunately i am having a lot of difficulty with my driver. I am lucky to hit 2 fairways per round and my confidence with driver is plummeting. I have watched all of bobby's youtube video's on driver and have been using his setup mirrored (i am left-handed). My 2 biggest problems are:

1 when i address the ball off the inside of my right heel i see the club face closed and try to manipulate the grip to square it up. That has not worked. I have had the butt pointing everywhere from my belt buckle to the middle of my right thigh. Obviously the closer to my buckle it is the more the club face looks closed.

2 i thought i might have a problem with releasing my hands through impact and may sub-consciously hang on too long with my driver only. I often do the "whoosh" drill and hear it at impact area, but the majority of my drives are low, slices that lack any real distance. In fact i am more acurate and long 5 iron off the tee. Frustrating.

* the only way i can straighten my drives out is by positioning my rear foot about 5-6" back away from my taget line. This gives my feet a closed stance, but allows my hips and shoulders to be square.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Taylor-made 10.5 with reg. Flex
cheers

brian

are you now with any club or do you have a private coach there?
Tm r7 10.5 reg too but cannot see how that happens.
I will get to my coach to see if we can fix this.
;)