PDA

View Full Version : pulling under pressure

mplunk
05-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Bobby,
Need some help as have been playing v well off my current h/c of 8 but getting v frustrated when in a pressure situation eg drive on a hole that i dont get a shot on or want to nail a green with a 5-6 iron i'm tending to occassionally block it right (sorry i'm a leftie!) just when i dont want to! & not sure why b/c this can happen to me even when i deliberately swing with a good tempo within my balance.
Not sure if i'm getting my downswing sequence right ie.too much arms/shoulders in the downswing too early? 'to over the top' but can you refresh me on an easy method/drill to get this sequence 'natural' & repetitive-even a swing thought-should my hip-turn lead the downswing(as Leadbeater teaches).
I think i must be coming across the line with my club & still hitting it square blocked as i've been checking my divots v closely during competition & can clearly see it going left to right of target for me-exactly where the ball is going unless i cut it (but not common with me). When i hit the ball flush -it seems so easy & my divot usually has a beautiful little 'in to out' path past impact
so how do i stop this pull & get far more consistency with my swing & its shape.
regards Mark Plunkett (Port Macquarie NSW Australia)

Bobby_Eldridge
05-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Try this the next time out. Make sure you hold on twice as tight with your right hand and do everything else the same.

marwin24
09-12-2009, 11:16 PM
great post dear keep it up