PDA

View Full Version : Ball spin

rcrawford
05-29-2007, 06:53 PM
I have watched the entire video on How to Hit a Draw and am anxious to get out to the range to practice. But I have one question before I do that.

The video explains the concept of hitting a draw is to impact right to left spin on the ball causing it to draw. I understand that concept for a driver and some low loft woods but how does this work with the high irons, wedges etc? As stated in the video the ball rolls up the slope on the iron when struck which immediately causes under spin. I don't understand how a slight closing of the face would change that into topspin - or right to left.

Any clarification on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Russ Crawford

Bobby_Eldridge
05-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Please do not misunderstand me. The same swing with a driver will impart more right to left spin than a 9 iron. However, there is nothing wrong with a slight draw on your 9 iron.

If you want to draw your short irons, follow the dvd. If you want to hit your short irons straight or with a fade that is also very acceptable.

I have always tried to make the same swing to create the same ball flight.

If this does not answer your question, please get back to me.

clivelyod
04-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I have watched the video and it was very nice.I can obtain good swing by means of this.I want more golf tips online (http://www.officialgolftrainingaids.com/golf-training-tips/golf-tips-lessons-online/) which will be effective.