Thread: extreme hooking

Default extreme hooking

hello,i've been playing quite ok these days,but due to this recent problem i've lost my game, it's that whenever i play any with any iron,wood or even a sand wedge i hook the ball sending it atleast 45-50 degrees off target!i've tried out so many cures for this on the practice facility but no result!please help!

I've done the same thing. Try making sure the club face is square when you address the ball. Hold the club up at chest level from there. Take a baseball swing stopping when the club is in front of you again. Is the club face still square? If not, set it down on the ground again and turn your grip until it is square. Try the baseball swing again until it keeps returning square. Think about your shoulders being square to the ball at impact (don't turn the left shoulder early or you'll be facing to the left creating a huge hook) and only let them turn after the ball has been hit. Also, don't flip your right arm over so that it's on top of the left and not square at impact. Hope this helps!