Default Coming up and out of irons

I recently purchased the simple golf swing and having been trying very hard to follow the set up, I have numerous pure point DVD'S. I'm a lefty, 7 handicap, recently I have developed a very bad habit of coming up and out of my irons, result,club face opens, shots are thin to the left, as ugly as I can hit it, almost the S word, I can't even type it let alone say it, very frustrating, hitting alot of fairways but my iron play has been very inconsistent all caused by my head coming up and out of the shot, I know what I'm doing buy can't seem to stop, to say the least confidence with my irons has become a proglem.I have the perfect impact dvd and I think my set up, ie: stand to the handle is fine,is there any drill/practice routine you can recommend to help me get rid of this very frustrating problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daveg18 View Post
    I recently purchased the simple golf swing and having been trying very hard to follow the set up, I have numerous pure point DVD'S. I'm a lefty, 7 handicap, recently I have developed a very bad habit of coming up and out of my irons, result,club face opens, shots are thin to the left, as ugly as I can hit it, almost the S word, I can't even type it let alone say it, very frustrating, hitting alot of fairways but my iron play has been very inconsistent all caused by my head coming up and out of the shot, I know what I'm doing buy can't seem to stop, to say the least confidence with my irons has become a proglem.I have the perfect impact dvd and I think my set up, ie: stand to the handle is fine,is there any drill/practice routine you can recommend to help me get rid of this very frustrating problem.
    I would be careful to assume that you are lifting 'up and out' of your shots. In my experience, this is rarely the case. As a drill, but a ball just to the outside of the ball you are hitting. If you can avoid the outside ball, you'll end the shanks.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Corey Lundberg
    Golf Pro
    PurePoint Golf